Loading...

You are visitor number....

My Latest Look

My Latest Look
Look Hair

About Me

Alam
part eccentric ... part fun .... stubborn .. but not stuck up ... very open to different views, ideas and possibilities ... varied interests ... engineer ... mba ... trying-to-be-a-good-entrepreneur ... ex-software ... ex-quality ... ex-tobacco ... ex-alcohol ... trying-to-be-ex-cancer
View my complete profile

Friday, February 16, 2007

Pre Chemo Short Update

Morning Folks ...today is another Chemo..a repeat of the first Chemo dose.. have taken this combination before.. with minimal fuss....so its a cool day

Abbu's coming down today...will stay on for a few days.....He has been real calm and composed in front of me...that's a great support... I can rest assured that dad is thinking calmly and taking rational decisions....takes the job of worrying (and thinking of where the money is going to come from) off my head :-)

The status health wise is.....blood counts rose steadily thru last week from 3000 to 3500 to 4000....they have taken fresh samples today morning....Neutrophil count (and hence immunity) is holding good.

It's the blood sugar that needs to be stabilized. I don't want to get cataract or major eye problems (which high sugar + steroids will cause) ..so am trying hard, with the doctors, to get the sugar in control. We have attacked sugar on all fronts ..... regulated diet, oral medication,insulin shots and exercise ... almost every trick is being tried.

I am running a small experiment of my own...using my glucometer I trying to figure out the ideal exercise schedule for myself (should it be pre-meal?, post-meal?..how hard? ..for how long?...how much after insulin? Amaryl?) Its turning out to be good fun. In fact I am doing so much of self-blood-sugar-testing that I ran of testing strips in the morning, so took a morning walk to the pharmacy to get more.

There seems to be an interesting day ahead....too much of action..dad coming...he will have a car with him...which means that Shums can come and visit me too......I am looking forward to it all...

Breakfast has come in ......and I just can't resist the idea of attacking it right away.....

so long for now....will write again after the Chemo

No comments: